Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Hello from Trotters in New York City

Hi from NYC.....
I'm writing this on the C train subway on my way home to Brooklyn from Manhattan... while listening to the inaugural John Peel Lecture on 6 music.


What a great first few weeks i've had in New York City. 
Gorgeous HOT HOT HOT Sunshine my first weekend in town, crazy snow which took down trees & power lines on my fourth weekend here.

I discovered the DUMBO area of Brooklyn on my first weekend, The Creators Project was exhibiting and I saw some amazing art. My favorites being the film installation  "Life on Mars Revisited" by David Bowie, Created By Barney Clay & Mick Rock, Strata #4 by Quayola & A Physical Manifestatio of Ladies & Gentlemen, We are floating in space by Jonathan Glazer
check the out  @ thecreatorsproject.com


























I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge , seeing the NY skyline from the bridge is an incredible site


and checked out the OWS. Amazing how maybe 100 or so people are having such an effect on the world's media.



stopped by Strawberry Fields, it was full of students from Manchester singing Oasis songs... 





and had a few cocktails....




Opposite PFL is a chocolate shop and on Oct 18th it was the 40th Anniversary of the release of the original "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Hudson Street was full of Oompa Loompa's giving away golden tickets for the DVD & FREE CHOCOLATE... thanks Tristan, looking good!


 





This weekend I ventured across the river to Jersey City....Oh Yeah! 
I went to the Landmark Loews Theatre to see a Halloween screening of "House on the Haunted Hill" directed by William Castle. The evening included an appearance of a skeleton on a wire - Emergo!!
What an incredible place. It has been restored to its former glory after being saved from demolition by local volunteers, who now run the cinema.... a must visit for all film fans.
http://loewsjersey.org/alt/


We then all went for beers at Barcade.. is it a bar? is it an arcade?...it's both!
http://barcadejerseycity.com/


Saturday morning ( well afternoon after my big night out in Jersey City) I woke up to SNOW.... SNOW! Summer is well and truly over. I ventured out to the supermarket and I now need to purchase some furry Hunter wellington boots! 






Saturday i went to my first NY/ Brooklyn Halloween party.. dry ice & pumpkins.. and lot's of Doctor Who fans



PFL NY is great.... currently Flame Hot-Desking...Oh well...
I have a good View of the Statue of Liberty across the Hudson river.









Trotters xoxo 





No comments:

Post a Comment